Moving into a new home is exciting, but it can also be stressful. You have to pack up your entire life, transport it to a new location, and then unpack it all over again. However, before you start unpacking, it’s important to give your new home a good clean. When you move into a new place, it’s likely that it hasn’t been deep cleaned in a while. With this in mind, we have put together some cleaning tips and tricks to help you get your new home sparkling clean before you start setting up your new life.
- Start with the Bathrooms: One of the first things you should do is clean the bathrooms. These are the rooms that are most likely to be used as soon as you move in, so it’s important to get them clean and hygienic. Start by cleaning the toilet, then move onto the sink, bathtub, and shower. Use a microfiber cloth and an all-purpose cleaner to wipe down all surfaces, including the walls, baseboards, and floors. Be sure to clean the toilet bowl thoroughly and don’t forget to clean the mirrors, too.
- Clean the Kitchen: After the bathrooms, the kitchen should be next on your list. Clean all cupboards, cabinets, and drawers inside and out, making sure to remove any crumbs, grease, or stains. Use a degreaser to clean the oven and stove and clean the insides of the refrigerator and freezer. Don’t forget to wipe down the countertops, sink, and backsplash with a clean microfiber cloth. Finish by sweeping and mopping the floors.
- Clean the Windows: It’s important to clean your windows so you can enjoy the view in your new home. Use a glass cleaner or a homemade solution of water and vinegar to clean the windows both inside and out. Wipe the windowsills, screens, and tracks with a damp cloth to remove any dirt and debris. For hard-to-reach windows, use a squeegee and a ladder to get the job done.
- Eliminate Any Odors: One of the most important things you can do is get rid of any unpleasant smells in your new home. Start by opening all the windows to let fresh air in. You can also use an air purifier to clean the air and remove any allergens. To get rid of any lingering smells, try placing bowls of vinegar around the house or sprinkle baking soda on your carpets, let it sit for a few hours and then vacuum it up.
- Hire a Professional Cleaning Service: Moving into a new home is a busy time, so it’s understandable that you might not want to spend all your time cleaning. Hiring a professional cleaning service like Go-2-Girls can help you get your home sparkling clean quickly and efficiently. We have the tools, experience, and expertise necessary to clean your home from top to bottom, leaving it ready for you to move in and start your new life.
Moving into a new home is a big undertaking, and it’s important to make sure your new place is clean before you start unpacking. By following our cleaning tips and tricks, you can make sure that your new home is clean, hygienic, and ready to be lived in. Whether you decide to tackle the cleaning yourself or hire Go-2-Girls, taking the time to deep clean your new home will make the entire moving process feel more like a fresh start.