One of our six senses is the smell. It is a gift that we should appreciate every day. How lovely it is to smell the flowers in the garden, the sea breeze, and the crisp spring smell in the morning,
The minute you walk into a clean, fresh-smelling home will give you the feel of a cozy atmosphere. And we are pretty sure that is what you want for you, your family, and your guests – to feel an ambiance of a comfortable, cozy home.
Sometimes we get so comfortable with the smell of our house and we get nose blind to smell that have mounted up for some time.
Get rid of that awful house odor from molds, smoke stench, funky smells from trash bins, dog beds, and other stuff. Make your house smell fresh all day long with these simple tricks.
- Moisture – one of the causes of house bad odors is moisture. Moisture is caused by a humid environment. You may want to try putting a humidifier in your house for added moisture.
- Vacuum the carpets – Carpets can accumulate dust that may cause that unpleasant smell in your house. Vacuum and shampoo carpets and let them dry fully.
- Wash your fur friend’s bed and blanket. – Yes, regularly wash your fur baby’s bed and blanket. Use pet odor removal products to keep your sofa, fur baby’s bed, blanket, carpet, and rug odor-free.
- Clean and open the fridge. – Regularly clean your fridge and toss away old, expired, moldy condiments and food sitting in your fridge – for ages. Remove shelves, soak them in hot water with dish soap. Scrub the interior with food-safe cleaners. Use baking soda as this neutralizes the odor inside the refrigerator.
- Open the windows – Open windows as much as possible to bring in the fresh air and get a cross breeze.
- Activated charcoal filter – you may want to hang activated charcoal filters in small bags in places that stink. Activated charcoal absorbs unpleasant smells in the area where it is hanged.
- Air freshener – Spray air freshener or light a scented candle to make your house smelling crisp and fresh but do away with strong scents. Not because you are using a strongly scented air freshener means your home will now smell fabulous. Not all people can tolerate strong fragrances. You may also want to use essential oils in a diffuser.